You can still help share God’s love with children around the world even if you don’t have time to shop for and pack an Operation Christmas Child shoebox gift. With a few clicks of your mouse or swipes on your touchscreen, you can build a shoebox online. Make it your own by choosing from a list of gifts, then add a personal letter and photo. We’ll pack your shoebox and send it for you, for a suggested donation of just $25.
How to pack your shoebox
1. SHOEBOX – Use an empty cardboard or plastic shoebox (average size). You can wrap the box and lid separately, but wrapping it is not required.
2. BOY OR GIRL – Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and choose an age category: 2-4, 5-9, 10-14.
3. FILL WITH GIFTS – Fill the box with a variety of quality gifts that will bring delight to a child (see Gift Suggestions below).
4. INCLUDE $7.00 AND SHIPPING LABEL – Your $7.00 per box donation to cover international shipping and related costs will help us speed your shoebox gifts on their journey around the world and into the hands of children in need.
Standard Shipping Label:
Donate $7.00 per box by check to Samaritan’s Purse (note “OCC” on the memo line). Use the attached donation envelope, and place it on the top of the items inside your shoebox. Cut out the appropriate boy/girl label from the brochure. Mark the correct age category and tape the label to the top of your box.*
Follow-Your-Box Shipping Label:
Donate your $7.00 online and discover the country destination of your shoebox. We’ll email you a special Follow-Your-Box label to print and use. Later, you’ll receive a notification about the destination of your shoebox gift.
5. PRAY – Ask God to use your gifts to show His love to the child who will receive your shoebox.
6. DROP OFF – Place a rubber band around each shoebox and take it to the nearest drop-off point during National Collection Week, November 17-24. For locations, visit samaritanspurse.org/occ, or call 1-800-353-5949.
You can also send your shoebox gift to:
Samaritan’s Purse, 801 Bamboo Road, Boone, NC 28607
* If you are preparing multiple gifts, please make one combined donation. If you need additional boy/girl labels, download them from our website or make copies of the labels printed in the brochure.
ALL AGES: Toys! Start with a central item that a child will cherish, like a beautiful doll, a deflated soccer ball with pump, or a plush stuffed animal. Then add quality items like cars, musical instruments, puzzles, jump ropes, etc.
SCHOOL SUPPLIES: Such as pencils, pens, crayons, notebooks, coloring books, etc.
ACCESSORIES: Such as socks, hats, t-shirts, flip-flops, hair bands, sunglasses, etc.
PERSONAL NOTE: And photo of you and your family or group. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
YOUNGER CHILDREN: blankets, sticker and picture books, finger puppets, pages of colorful stickers.
OLDER CHILDREN: small tools, tape measures, sewing kits, fabric, squares, etc; deflated balls with pumps and needles; solar calculators, rulers, scissors, jewelry, deodorant.
DO NOT INCLUDE: used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; seeds; chocolate or food; out-of-date hard candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snowglobes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
For more information please visit Operation Christmas Child website: